Continued elsewhere

I've decided to abandon this blog in favor of a newer, more experimental hypertext form of writing. Come over and see the new place.

Friday, September 02, 2005

Blogging software

I was dithering around with the idea of starting this for a very long time, then eventually just did it. Now I'm wondering if I started it right. I'd (in theory) prefer a hosted system that I could hack and customize, but in fact I don't have time for that, and the point of this is to communicate, not be yet another endless hacking project. So maybe Blogger was the right choice. Anyway, somebody thoughtfully complied a table of choices. Unfortunately it isn't dated so who knows if it is still useful. Anyway.

Things I'm already wishing for:
-- tags (for that folksonomic goodness). Actually that's it.
-- trackbacks? Not sure it supports it in either direction.

Things I like: this editor is wonderful, compared to the state-of-the-art the last time I tried this (a couple years back).

No comments: